me

me

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A new start

Well, I guess this is how I start.  I suppose I'll say a little about myself, so things make a little bit of sense when you read the malarkey that is my blog.

I'm a 37 year old kid.  Ask anyone who knows me, and they'll agree.  I stay at home with my amazing, 4 year old mass of goodness I call my daughter, Audrey.  I live with her and my husband, Brennan, in beautiful, Williston, Vermont.  Yup, the majestic, "green mountain state".  It's pretty freakin' beautiful, and I'd say I'm lucky to be living in such a great state. There's so much more to it than maple syrup and skiing.  Really.

My passion is Bikram yoga.  It's a whole separate blog entry in its own. I'll surely be talking about it.  Like, soon. I'll just say this: I wish I could do it EVERY day. Twice a day. To quote the cheesiest line in all movie history....It "completes me".

I also run. Yes, on purpose.  It's a great way to stay in shape, and keep a clear head.  I do some of my best thinking when I run. I've always had issues with my weight (another long story) and the sole reason for my recent loss is, well.. running.  People ask me, "Oh wow Kristi, how did you lose so much weight?"  I say.... "I got off my ass and ran.".  It's true.  So yeah, running=clutch.

 I also love to travel.  I haven't done much since I've had Audrey, but I really, REALLY hope I get to do more soon.  I love spicy foods, the color purple ( the actual color, not the play), and coffee. I love reading poems from Rumi and inspirational quotes from Thich Nhat Hanh.

I was a theatre major in college, and this is quite obvious to those who know me.  I'm very animated, and my true calling is on stage.  Unfortunately, I haven't done much with it, but that's totally my fault.

I have an older sister who just beat cancer. Today was her last treatment.  Words really can't say how inspirational she is to me.  She always has been. Today was a big day for her. I'm so proud.  I really am. That also, will be another blog entry, I'm sure.

So not everyone knows this, but I suffer from severe depression.  I have for most of my life.  I just haven't been diagnosed until somewhat recently. Now, this might come as a shock to some. People might look at me, and my smiling face, and never guess that is the case. This is simply because I've been treating it.  It's very much a part of my life, and I have come to grips with it.  It's definitely been one of my most difficult struggles, but I feel like I finally have a grip on it....30 something years later.  So, because of this, a symbol that is extremely important to me is one of the Phoenix.  It symbolizes my rising from the ashes.  A whole new me.  I still really want to get this tattooed on me, but I haven't yet.

So I think I'm done for now.  It's a good glimpse of "me in a bucket".

4 comments:

  1. And if it's even possible, I love you even more now. You are amazing and I can't wait to see what you put out here. You are definitely a Phoenix darling...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrads Kristi on your first blog entry! It is alot of work to keep one going. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete